Thursday, June 24, 2010

A letter from Argentina

I've been away from my computer this week, so I've been unable to do much research about Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay; I'll try to catch up tonight, but I'll warn you, it will be quantity over quality.

I did e-mail the bishops' conferences of all three churches, and I finally got a reply!  I asked them what we should pray for, and they gave me a laundry list.  It's an interesting challenge for me - I'd like to be able to pick and choose what I pray for, but at the same time, one of the points here is to actually love the people of another country to find out who they are.  So here is what they asked for:


Mr. Jeff Johnson:
We have received your kind e-mail.
For Mons . Enrique Eguía Seguí´s indication, I say to you that currently the Catholic Church in Argentina
is praying for the following intentions:
- The decrease of poverty.
- The rejection of the project of gay marrige act which is now at the Congress.
- The rejection of any project of abortion act.
- The social peace.
- The unity of families.
- The fruitfulness of the labour of goverment authorities.
- To encourage a missionary style especially from the parish.
- To prioritize the pastoral missionary one from the catechizing of Christian initiation.
- To promote the missionary commitment towards a just society and responsible initiation christens.
- To recover the respect to the family and to the life in all his forms.
- To advance in the reconciliation between different social sectors and in the capacity of dialog.
- To encourage the formation of responsible citizens who construct a nation.
- To strengthen the republican institutions, the State and the organizations of the society.
- To improve the political system and the quality of the democracy.
- To guarantee the education and the work as keys of the integral development.
- To promote the federalism.
- To deepen the integration of the region.
We look forward to the success of your project.
Sincerely, 
Valeria Retondo
Secretaría Privada CEA

No comments:

Post a Comment